I teach a variety of classes for a variety of levels including complete beginners.
Classes and workshops for adults (Age 15 and up are welcome).
If you can’t find what you are looking for below, please make sure to get on my email list by filing out the “contact me” form! I’m not the best at keeping this page up to date!
”I have really loved Improv 101. It is by far the best two hours of my week. It’s a blend of the two skills I’m constantly working to develop, focus and communication, so I feel fortunate to have found the class.”
Will Henry, Carrboro
Mondays, Feb. 18- March 18
7- 9 p.m.
The ArtsCenter, Carrboro, NC
Improv 301, Mondays April 1- May 6
Link coming soon.
Final performance on May 6,8 p.m. Free, open to the public.
A Day of Improv: Be Here Now
Sat. March 9 , 11 a.m.- 4 p.m.
One day improv workshop.
No experience needed. All levels welcome. The ArtsCenter, Carrboro
“I went way outside my comfort zone yesterday, and loved it! Wish I’d done it sooner, and definitely want to do it again. Improv class. I highly recommend it.
I haven’t had this much fun in a long time, and I left with new friends! Thank you Anoo Tree Brod!” Joanna L. Chapel Hill, NC
Long Form Improv: Performance Class
A class for experienced improvisors.
Jan 24- March 14,
Location: Participate Building, 201 Sage Rd, Chapel Hill
Class Full. Email me to get notified about next Advanced class.
Final Class Long Form Performance “Wild Mind Improv Party” at The PIT, 462 W Franklin St.Chapel Hill
Why take improv?
Classes are great for all kinds of people wanting all kinds of things. I tend to attract a variety of adults who are needing some sort of break through or creative inspiration.
- Professionals seeking help with public speaking and leadership skills.
- Professionals or lay people who are interested in developing “outside the box” thinking
- Couples and family members find improv helps relationships/community connections. The tools, when applied to life, help create a more inclusive mindset that creates space for all parties to come to happy solutions! Couples particularly enjoy taking improv together!
- Individuals seeking to break free from social anxiety, depression or even just a general life “malaise”. I have seen many a doldrums make way for a renewed spark when improv becomes a weekly life practice.
- Spiritual seekers who are drawn to mindfulness practices. Individuals who wish to be more anchored in the present moment. As the tools of improv are incorporated and embodied into life a natural spontaneity and playfulness occurs. Full body awareness and whole hearted living happens organically.
Contact me with any questions including pricing , scheduling or to discuss me leadings an improv workshop or retreat for your company or community.